2021-2022 International Career Development Conference Results
Nebraska DECA really “maximized our momentum” at the International Career Development Conference in Atlanta, Georgia April 23-26th. Congrats to all of our 150 participants and advisors that attended. Special congrats to our event finalists and overall top 10 finalists listed below. Here is a link to all of the event finalists. We are ready to “get the edge” in 2022-2023.
Top 10 Event Winners
Accounting Applications, Connor Baker, Millard West High School
Principles of Hospitality and Tourism, Luca DiRuocco, Omaha Central High School
Sports and Entertainment Operations Research, Morrissey/Muinov Millard North High School
Project Management Community Giving, Nikoleta Skoufis, Papillion LaVista South High School
Business Services Marketing, Jack Smith, Westside High School
Automotive Services Marketing, Roshu Senthil, Papillion LaVista High School
Hotel and Lodging Management, Adam Looney, Millard South
Sports and Entertainment Marketing, Ben Jackson, Millard South
2021-2022 State Career Development Conference Results
The DECA State Career Development Conference was a success! Thank you to everyone (advisors, students, staff, administrators, volunteers, judges, sponsors, exhibitors). Here is a link to a highlight video from the conference. Video.
Congratulations to our award winners and ICDC qualifiers from the 65th Annual DECA State Career Development Conference! Click below to see the complete list of award winners.
STUDENTS: Getting ready for competition?
Former Vice President of Communications, Jessica Gehr, and Mr. Roy Coffman teamed up to produce a role play tutorial called “Get the Competitive Edge.”
Competence, Innovation, Integrity, Teamwork
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management.
DECA’s Comprehensive Learning Program
- Integrates into Classroom Instruction – An integral component of classroom instruction, DECA activities provide authentic, experiential learning methods to prepare members for college and careers.
- Applies Learning – DECA members put their knowledge into action through rigorous project-based activities that require creative solutions with practical outcomes.
- Connects to Business – Partnerships with businesses at local and broader levels provide DECA members realistic insight into industry and promote meaningful, relevant learning.
- Promotes Competition – As in the global economy, a spark of competition drives DECA members to excel and improve their performance.
DECA prepares the next generation to be:
- Academically Prepared – DECA members are ambitious, high-achieving leaders equipped to conquer the challenges of their aspirations.
- Community Oriented – Recognizing the benefit of service and responsibility to the community, DECA members continually impact and improve their local and broader communities.
- Professionally Responsible – DECA members are poised professionals with ethics, integrity, and high standards.
- Experienced Leaders – DECA members are empowered through experience to provide effective leadership through goal setting, consensus building, and project implementation.