The State DECA Career Development Conference is being held VIRTUALLY March 18-19, 2021. Main roleplay events will be Thursday, March 18 from 2 pm-7 pm, and Friday, March 19 from 12 pm-5 pm. Registration for chapters is due Friday, February 26th. More information is found in the calendar section of the website. https://www.nedeca.org/calendar/
STUDENTS: Getting ready for competition?
Former Vice President of Communications, Jessica Gehr, and Mr. Roy Coffman teamed up to produce a role play tutorial called “Get the Competitive Edge.”
Competence, Innovation, Integrity, Teamwork
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management.
DECA’s Comprehensive Learning Program
- Integrates into Classroom Instruction – An integral component of classroom instruction, DECA activities provide authentic, experiential learning methods to prepare members for college and careers.
- Applies Learning – DECA members put their knowledge into action through rigorous project-based activities that require creative solutions with practical outcomes.
- Connects to Business – Partnerships with businesses at local and broader levels provide DECA members realistic insight into industry and promote meaningful, relevant learning.
- Promotes Competition – As in the global economy, a spark of competition drives DECA members to excel and improve their performance.
DECA prepares the next generation to be:
- Academically Prepared – DECA members are ambitious, high-achieving leaders equipped to conquer the challenges of their aspirations.
- Community Oriented – Recognizing the benefit of service and responsibility to the community, DECA members continually impact and improve their local and broader communities.
- Professionally Responsible – DECA members are poised professionals with ethics, integrity, and high standards.
- Experienced Leaders – DECA members are empowered through experience to provide effective leadership through goal setting, consensus building, and project implementation.