DECA International Career Development Conference
275 Nebraska students, advisors, and guests recently attended the 2023 DECA International Career Development Conference in Orlando,FL. Nebraska DECA High School members competed and participated in leadership academies April 22-25 in 59 competitive events. More than 22,000 DECA members from 50 states, as well as U.S. territories and international chapters, attended the conference. This marked the largest ICDC to date.
Students attended leadership academies with industry leaders, elected an executive student officer team, competed, and attended exclusive events at Disney and Universal Studios. The International Career Development Conference is the culmination of students’ hard work over the academic year and an opportunity to showcase the skills and knowledge gained in the classroom.
See the full press release below.
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management.
DECA’s Comprehensive Learning Program
- Integrates into Classroom Instruction – An integral component of classroom instruction, DECA activities provide authentic, experiential learning methods to prepare members for college and careers.
- Applies Learning – DECA members put their knowledge into action through rigorous project-based activities that require creative solutions with practical outcomes.
- Connects to Business – Partnerships with businesses at local and broader levels provide DECA members realistic insight into industry and promote meaningful, relevant learning.
- Promotes Competition – As in the global economy, a spark of competition drives DECA members to excel and improve their performance.
DECA prepares the next generation to be:
- Academically Prepared – DECA members are ambitious, high-achieving leaders equipped to conquer the challenges of their aspirations.
- Community Oriented – Recognizing the benefit of service and responsibility to the community, DECA members continually impact and improve their local and broader communities.
- Professionally Responsible – DECA members are poised professionals with ethics, integrity, and high standards.
- Experienced Leaders – DECA members are empowered through experience to provide effective leadership through goal setting, consensus building, and project implementation.